When your VMware system crashes, get back up and running 100x faster—even if you aren’t an IT expert.
Backing up and recovering virtual systems can be complex, frustrating, and time consuming. Keep it simple with Acronis Backup for VMware, the fastest, easiest way to protect your entire VMware vSphere environment.
- Capture your entire system in one easy step thanks to patented disk imaging paired with VADP integration
- Near-instant recovery can restore an entire VMware server 100X faster than traditional methods
- Granular recovery can restore files, application data, an entire VM, or full ESXi™ environments
- Enjoy unlimited P2V/V2V migrations and support for any recovery destination (even to a different hypervisor)
Designed for exceptional ease of use, Acronis Backup for VMware removes the complexity of virtual machine protection:
- Installation and configuration procedures require almost zero learning curve
- Acronis’ streamlined, easy-to-use interface is accessible from any mobile device
- Smart backups remove the guesswork by capturing everything required for complete VM recovery
- Full vCenter integration simplifies browsing and recovery tasks
Web-based, intuitive interface makes it easy to quickly perform backup and recovery tasks from any browser or mobile device.
Fast, Efficient Backups
Deep integration with VMware vStorage APIs balances backup routines across your ESXi environment. We also use CBT to reduce the volume of backup data, ensuring that your backups are always fast.
Advanced recovery technology called vmFlashback helps you to restore an entire VM up to 100x faster than traditional methods.
Full integration with vCenter and the VMware API allows you to perform backup, replication, and recovery routines directly from the VMware vCenter interface.
Agentless VM Backups
Agentless backups eliminate the need to install an agent on every VM, greatly reducing management complexity.
Comprehensive backup technology tracks and captures all related application data, allowing you to recover any Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, or Active Directory data. If necessary, the transaction logs can be truncated with other application-specific backup details.
Unlimited Server Migration
Smart data restore technology allows you to easily migrate an entire server between physical and virtual (including a different hypervisor).
Incremental and Differential Backups
Incremental and differential backups identify only the changes made since the last backup, significantly reducing backup time, network usage, and storage requirements.
Virtual Application (vApp) Support
Comprehensive backups can capture and recover entire vApps (including their configurations).
VM Disk Hot-plug
Acronis Backup for VMware’s virtual appliance can mount virtual machine disks during backup instead of transferring data over the TCP/IP network. This results in reduced resource consumption and significantly improved backup throughput.
Acronis Backup for VMware reads data directly from shared storage using either SAN direct access (Windows Agent) or hot-plug technology (virtual appliance). This helps avoid unnecessary loads on the LAN and ESXi host.
Run a VM from a Backup
Recover any physical server as a VM, or boot a backup as a VM for development/testing (simply save any changes made as a new backup).
Install Acronis Backup for VMware on a machine running Microsoft Windows, or deploy it directly to a VMware ESXi host as a self-contained virtual appliance.
Compression and Deduplication
Built-in compression and deduplication significantly reduces network usage and storage requirements.
Control VM performance during backup processes by automatically managing VM backups across your ESXi server. Acronis also provides bandwidth and disk-write speed throttling to maintain good system performance during backup routines.
VMware vMotion/DRS Compatibility
Acronis Backup for VMware is fully compatible with VMware vMotion, Storage vMotion, and DRS. Move virtual machines between VMware hosts to dynamically adjust resources or recover from failure.
Create and incrementally update a copy of your virtual machine onto another host for faster recovery.
Supported operating systems
- Windows XP Professional SP2 (x64), SP3 (x86)
- Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2 – the Standard, Enterprise, Small Business Server editions (x86, x64)
- Windows Vista – all editions (x86, x64)
- Windows 7 – all editions (x86, x64)
- Windows 8, 8.1
- Windows Server 2008 – the Standard, Enterprise, Foundation editions (x86, x64)
- Windows Small Business Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2 – the Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, Foundation editions
- Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2
Supported vSphere environments
- VMware vSphere (Virtual Infrastructure)
- Server types: ESX and ESXi
- Versions: 4.0*, 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 5.5
- VMware vSphere Standard (Hot-add backup mode is supported on vSphere 5.0+ only)
- VMware vSphere Advanced
- VMware vSphere Enterprise
- VMware vSphere Enterprise Plus
- VMware vSphere Essentials (Hot-add backup mode is supported on vSphere 5.0+ only)
- VMware vSphere Essentials Plus (Hot-add backup mode is supported on vSphere 5.0+ only)
- VMware vSphere Hypervisor (Free ESXi) is NOT supported
- (*) ESX(i) version 4.0 environment is supported with exceptions, for example, Exchange Server Backup Extraction and ESXi configuration backup features are not supported
- Hard disk drives and storage arrays (P-ATA (IDE), S-ATA, SCSI, iSCSI, FC)
- NAS (SMB and FTP)
- Acronis Cloud Storage