When your Windows server goes down, avoid expensive downtime and get back up and running in minutes.
Recovering a server can take significant time and expertise, leaving your business vulnerable. Protect your entire Windows server environment with Acronis Backup, your one-stop solution for comprehensive backups and fast, flexible recovery.
- Patented, block-level disk imaging captures your entire Windows server in one easy step
- Bare-metal recovery ensures that you are back up and running in minutes, not hours
- Recover individual files, application data, or a complete system with a few simple clicks
- Save on time and storage with incremental backups, compression, and deduplication
Not an IT expert? Acronis Backup for Windows Server was designed to make backup and recovery exceptionally easy:
- Installation and configuration procedures require almost zero learning curve
- Smart backups remove the guesswork by capturing everything required for complete recovery
- Restore a server to new, different hardware without worrying about incompatibilities
- Migrate physical systems to virtual servers without the usual complexities
Full Image Backups
Block-level, image-based backups capture all application and operating system data in one efficient step. Unlike competing products, backups automatically skip unused data blocks to provide faster results with less storage requirements.
Incremental backups identify only the changes made since the last backup, significantly reducing backup time, network consumption, and storage requirements.
Multiple Backup Targets
Store backup copies in up to 5 different locations for flexible, reliable recovery options. Includes support for local disks, networked storage, and offsite cloud storage.
In the event of hardware failure, Acronis’s Universal Restore technology allows bare-metal recovery of your entire system to the same location, to new hardware of a different make/model, or to a virtual server in minutes—without the usual complications.
Granular recovery allows you to browse and restore files, folders, volumes, or a complete server—all from the same image backup.
Acronis Backup to Cloud
All Acronis Backup products have direct access to secure, offsite storage in the Acronis cloud. Simply add a subscription to your purchase to fortify your backup storage plan and double your data protection.
Network bandwidth and disk-write speed throttling allows you to control the impact of running backups during production hours.
Acronis Startup Recovery Manager
Bootable rescue utility that you can launch by pressing F11 during system startup.
Granular backup option allows you to selectively back up specific files and folders (including files from network shares).
Acronis’ proprietary Unified Backup Format allows any backup to be recovered to any server in any location (including migration between any physical and virtual platform—P2P, P2V, V2V, V2P)
Store an exact copy of your disk or volume, sector by sector (including unused space).
Define pre or post backup and data-capture commands to integrate Acronis Backup with other applications (or to temporarily stop some services).
Intelligent restore feature immediately identifies and recovers core system functions, allowing you to return to regular operations while system recovery proceeds.
Manually exclude non-essential files and folders from your backups to save time and storage.
Disaster Recovery Plans
After each backup, Acronis can automatically generate a Disaster Recovery Plan document that provides detailed, step-by-step instructions for easy recovery.
Browsing and Mounting Backups
Browse backups in Windows Explorer as if they were ordinary folders, and simply drag-and-drop or copy-paste files/folders from them. You can even mount disk images as a drive letter in either read-only or read/write mode.
No Reboot Required
No need to schedule downtime and reboot to complete an Acronis Backup installation.
To satisfy your recovery time objectives (RTO), Acronis simplifies DR with a one-click option to automatically replicate backups to multiple media and locations.
Supported operating systems
- Windows XP Professional SP2+ (x86, x64)
- Windows 2000 SP4 – all editions except for the Datacenter edition
- Windows Server 2003/2003 R2 – Standard and Enterprise editions (x86, x64)
- Windows Small Business Server 2003/2003 R2
- Windows Vista – all editions (x86, x64)
- Windows Server 2008 – Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, and Web editions (x86, x64)
- Windows Small Business Server 2008
- Windows 7 – all editions (x86, x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 – Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter, Foundation, and Web editions
- Windows MultiPoint Server 2010/2011/2012
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 – all editions
- Windows 8/8.1 – all editions except for the Windows RT editions (x86, x64)
- Windows Server 2012/2012 R2 – all editions
- Windows Storage Server 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2
Supported File Systems
- ReFS *
- ReiserFS3 *
- ReiserFS4 *
- XFS *
- JFS *
- Linux SWAP
- Hard disk drives
- Networked storage devices (SMB and FTP)
- CD / DVD / HD-DVD / Blu-Ray
- ZIP®, Rev® and other removable media
- P-ATA (IDE), S-ATA, SCSI, iSCSI, IEEE1394 (Firewire) and USB 1.1 / 2.0 /3.0 drives, PC card
- Acronis Cloud Storage